See How Much You Really Know About Pitbulls! Remember October Is #PitbullAwarenessMonth & Education Is Crucial To Changing Perception!
TEST YOUR PITBULL KNOWLEDGE WITH THIS TRUE OR FALSE QUIZ!
- 1) Pitbulls have locking jaws that cannot be pried open?
- 2) Pitbulls are unlike other breeds and are inheriently dangerous?
- 3) Pitbulls were once known as “Nanny Dogs” because they are so good with children?
- 4) There are around 5.5 Million Pitbulls living in the USA?
- 5) Pitbulls are generally not good with other animals?
- 6) Approximatley 1 Million Pitbulls loose their lives each year in shelters across the country?
- 7) It’s not safe to have your child around your Pitbull and you should therefore surrender the pitbull?
- 8) A pit-mix is much safer then a pure bred pitbull?
- 9) I love my pitbull so much, so I think I should breed it so other people can have such a great dog also?
- 10) Adopting a pitbull from the shelter is dangerous because those dogs have been abused and will lash out?
- 11) Pitbulls are known for their affectionate nature, loyalty, determination & selflessness?
- 1) FALSE- Pitbulls do not have locking jaws! They have the same jaws as any other breed and they can be opened.
- 2) FALSE- Pitbulls are just like any other breed and not dangerous as a breed. Just like German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans or any other breed, individual dogs can be trained to be dangerous. But as a breed over 85% of Pitbulls pass their shelter temperament tests w/flying colors. Higher than every other breed but, Beagles which 87% pass their temperament tests.
- 3) TRUE- In the late 1800s & early 1900s Pitbulls were known as NANNY DOGS in the US because they were so good with children!
- 4) TRUE- There are estimated to be 5.5 Million owned Pitbulls living in the USA!
- 5) FALSE- Pitbulls are more often than not, quite good with other dogs and many good with cats. Just like any other breed, some Pitbulls are not good with other animals but, this is the exception not the rule.
- 6) TRUE- The number of Pitbulls that lose their lives in US shelters each year is estimated to be between 800,000 & 1.2 Million.
- 7) FALSE- Most Pitbulls are great with kids. You should not surrender your dog before trying to work with it to adjust to the new baby. And always be smart, never leave a child around ANY dog of ANY breed without someone supervising.
- 8) FALSE- There is absolutely no difference between a pure bred & mixed breed Pitbull.
- 9) FALSE- Loving your pitbull is great but, there are so many GREAT Pitbulls that die every year in the shelter. You & everyone else should go to the shelter to ADOPT a pitbull and not add to the problem by breeding them!
- 10) FALSE- Many amazing & loving Pitbulls are adopted from the shelter. Just because a dog has been abused does not mean that it can’t overcome its past and be a great family member. Yes, in some instances the abuse may be too great for some dogs to overcome but, that’s a small minority. The VAST MAJORITY can let go of their past and let love in!
- 11) TRUE- Pibulls are some of the sweetest dogs that often risk their own lives for others including their owners, other animals and strangers! They are loyal & determined and love to overcome challenges!
Quick answers: 1. FALSE 2. FALSE 3. TRUE 4. TRUE 5. FALSE 6. TRUE 7. FALSE 8. FALSE 9. FALSE 10. FALSE 11. TRUE
More info on PITBULL Myths: https://www.petfinder.com/pet-adoption/dog-adoption/myths-and-facts-about-pit-bulls/